Saturday, December 25, 2010

Chloe's White Christmas

Chloe enjoyed "opening" presents this morning. She got 2 stuffies, a tag holder, and her own blankie.


She went outside with her foster siblings this morning and wanted to play so bad. Even though my yard is fenced, I had been walking her on a leash in the backyard. I didn't want her to get scared and me have to chase her around the yard to get her back inside. I told her maybe in the afternoon, she could be in the fenced yard unleashed.



She has been listening to me so well so this afternoon, I gave her her wish and let her be in the fenced yard with my dogs unleashed with me close by. She was quite happy. She ran a little (even with her baggie protecting her last remaining foot bandage). She did her business and when I called her to me, she came right away. So she has earned her first privilege--at least for today. She's such a good girl.



She's had a big day and is sound asleep--maybe with sugar plums (or more likely squirrels) dancing in her head.



Next week we'll try some short outings and meeting some new people. So far she's proving to be a resilient little dog. Shy, yes, but definitely resilient.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy,

Sounds like Chloe had a wonderful Christmas. I can't wait to hear about her progress. Having fostered a shy hound in the past, I can tell you the rewards are great as you see them overcome some of their fears. Chloe is lucky to be with you. I know you will bring out the best in her!

Wishing great things for 2011!

Lisa Strickland